Wednesday, August 06, 2014

'Frozen' Writer Adapting 'A Wrinkle in Time', The Book About That Time Wrinkle


From iwatchstuff, Disney is moving forward with their long-stalled adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time, the 1962 young-adult novel that I definitely read in-full and did not just lie about reading to get the Pizza Hut Book It! reward for a free, one-topping Personal Pan Pizza. According to Variety, Frozenwriter/co-director Jennifer Lee has now stepped in to take over duties on the screenplay, which will, naturally, focus on the green face in the orb, the centaur with the wing arms, mountains, and, of course, that wrinkle. That wrinkle in time. It's said that Lee considers the book a childhood favorite--not just a gratis gateway to a thick, round slab of cheese and oil-soaked bread--and that her take "emphasizes a strong female-driven narrative." Because of course, yes, I had nearly forgotten that there is also the girl and/or woman character(s). There is not yet a director attached to the project. There is also no way to take back a deep-dish I ate 20 years ago, so I might as well just tell you right now, Pizza Hut, I didn't even crack the cover. The Westing Game either.

5 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I loved that book as a kid but can't recall a damn thing about it.

JPX said...

That's funny, that's the same thing I thought. That cover makes me want to read it again.

Octopunk said...

I re-read this at some point during adulthood. I was surprised by how New Age-y it was. I still liked it.

DKC said...

Jake read this for a book report on my suggestion. He really liked it. I read it again too since it was here and also enjoyed it.

Landshark said...

I taught a class on young adult fiction a few (8?) years ago and had this on the syllabus. Best book ever to start with the line, "It was a dark and stormy night."

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...