Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Party in the Core





As a former Robot Chicken employee I was invited to contribute to an art show at the iam8bit gallery in Echo Park on July 12th.  I've missed a couple such invitations before so I was determined to make something for this one. Cranked this thing into reality between Sunday morning and lunch time Monday.





It's 26"high x 17"wide x 9" deep.  It's mostly made of cardboard, which is a great medium if you want to make something fast and messy. 



Between 2001 and 2007 I collected a couple hundred of this particular Alta Dena bottle cap because I knew someday I could make a groovy sci-fi wall out of them. I finally cashed in.

3 comments:

JPX said...

Wow, fantastic! Why aren't you a millionaire again?

Catfreeek said...

So impressive! I agree with JPX, you should be lining your walls with $100 bills.

AC said...

super cool, octopunk!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...