Thursday, August 09, 2007

Why is Pink Panther 2 getting such a good cast?


From AICN, Let me get this out of the way. I love Steve Martin. That's why it saddens me to see him doing crappy movies. He could still do amazing work and still does from time to time. SHOPGIRL wasn't the best movie ever, but compared to the CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN series it's a magnificent achievement.

I tried watching his PINK PANTHER remake. I did. I tried watching it on an airplane, I tried watching it on TV... but I just couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Amazingly, the much whispered about sequel is actually going forward with a cast that kind of pisses me off. It's too good. I'm going to have to watch the first all the way through now and sit through this one in the theater... Here we go... John Cleese, Alfred Molina and Andy Garcia have joined the flick.

Cleese will be Chief Inspector Dreyfuss while Molina, Garcia and Aishwarya Rai will be detectives and experts who join up with Clouseau to stop an artifact stealing thief.

Damn!

No comments:

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...