Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Adam West and Burt Ward Announced They're Doing a Batman '66 Animated Movie


From toplessrobot, This broke on social media over the weekend, but is worthy of a mention here on the site too - at the Mad Monster Party convention in Charlotte, NC this past Saturday, the classic dynamic duo actors announced that they were on board for at least one, and maybe two, animated Batman and Robin features. This seems to me the best possible news to come out of DC regaining the rights to merchandise the property, though of course most of the key villain actors are dead.

I may have mentioned this before, but rather than simply setting the proposed movie in 1968 or so, I'd love to see versions of The Dark Knight Returns and Batman Beyond set in that universe. "I'm the Gosh-Darn Batman!" is a T-shirt ready slogan if I ever heard one.

3 comments:

JPX said...

Oddly enough approximately 2 weeks ago Johnny and I were discussing the old Batman series and I said to him, "Why don't they do an animated series using their voices?" I'm only mentioning this because I want credit for thinking about something that came true. Now I will wish you all out into the cornfield.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I picked up the first graphic novel of this series and I absolutely love it! This is great news.

Octopunk said...

You didn't do it right. I woke up in the cornfield but my bed had been magicked out there.

This looks awesome. Cartoons are the answer to everything.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...