Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Dead


(2010) ****

Fleeing a zombie outbreak, an American mercenary crash lands on the shores of infected territory.  Battling to survive long enough to communicate with the outside world, he runs into another man searching for his son.  Between the zombie hordes and the inhospitable African climate, the two men face nearly insurmountable obstacles on their journey.

This is one of the better-done zombie movies I've seen.  Loved the acting and the African setting, the characters felt real, and were relatively competent and made good decisions (with a couple of exceptions). Highly recommend.

7 comments:

JPX said...

This sounds great! First of all, I can't believe the kinds of movies you are watching this year, AC! I'm not so sure you're a biddy anymore...

Second of all, how is it possible that the title "The Dead" has never been used before?

Catfreeek said...

I loved this film and I second the status change from biddy to head banger.

AC said...

Hah hah! I forgot to say, this one is NOT biddy-safe. Realistic gore. But I am still a biddy and can defend that status if necessary!

Landshark said...

JPX, I think James Joyce got there first, that's why folks don't use the title.

And while we're at it, let's appreciate that famous last line again:

"His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead."

JPX said...

People who can quote authors always make me feel dumb. Now back to my Love Boat episode, I mean, work.

Catfreeek said...

Bravo Landshark! And haha JPX.

DKC said...

Haha, JPX. Yeah, Landshark is always going off like that, damn professor.
Oh, I'm kidding! Movie sounds great!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...