Monday, October 20, 2008

JU-ON

(2000) *****

I'm not going to get into a detailed synopsis here since it's been done before and I think most if not all of us have experienced the potency of this film. Basically there is a vengeful ghost hanging out at this house and anyone unfortunate enough to see her is toast.

My friend came over to watch movies with me and told me she had never seen this so I just had to put it on. This is the same friend that made me walk her to the car after seeing The Orphanage. Well, you know I have to be true to my nature. So like a good friend, after seeing this I made sure to make the creepy ghost noise at her as she was leaving my house. Hehehe, yeah sometimes I'm just pure evil.

One of the best things about this film is how they break the golden rule, you're always safe in bed under the covers.

Nope, not in this movie.
And I'm not sure what's worse. Having the bitch in the bed with you or...

...having her hovering over you and another one sitting on the bed. Either way is just friggin' scary.

Any way you slice it, this is a great horror film and even though I've seen it several times it still gives me the creeps. J-horror at it's absolute best.

1 comment:

JPX said...

I love this movie and the pictures you chose to represent it perfectly capture why. It always stinks when a good film spawns numerous sequels, remakes, and copycats because it saps the strength of the original. I can tell you that this scared the shit out of myself and Octo back in 2003 - we had never seen anything like this before. Nice review.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...