Thursday, May 17, 2012

Suck It, The Avengers!: A Justice League Movie Poster


From geekology, This is a mock-up Justice League of America movie poster created by DeviantARTist daniel-morpheus in the style of the 1997 JLA Gallery cover by Frank Quitely, featuring some of the actors who have played the various characters in previous films and shows. It's good, but I'm not sure how I feel about Justin Hartley as Aquaman. He's just not -- what's the word I'm looking for? "Smexy enough." YES. He's just not smexy enough. Also, Green Lantern sucked and they should kill that guy off in the opening credits.

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

Sigh. I've been thoroughly enjoying Young Justice on Cartoon Network, which features the Justice League but focuses on the covert team made up of former sidekicks. It's fun and kinetic and fairly sophisticated...

But BOY can DC just not make the jump to live action. I wish they could, but the more I recall Green Lantern the more I think they just won't make it work (I'm convinced Batman is a special case).

Maybe Snyder can turn it around, I don't know.

JPX said...

I caught some of Green Lantern on TV the other day and I bailed after 30 minutes. It just doesn't work.

Jordan said...

Joss Whedon was asked (in an interview that I read) what he wanted the Justice League people to do and he said, "Call me!" He went on to explain that he was kidding but that he actually wasn't...but then he echoed Octopunk's point by saying that there's just something about the DC characters that makes them really hard to write (for movies etc.) because they're not Silver Age; they don't have flaws as people.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...