Saturday, June 16, 2012

Trailer for the stop-motion SpongeBob Christmas special (that I worked on)


Watching this trailer I have a higher level of before/after disconnect than I'm used to. The final product is so slick and pure of vision, it's hard to believe I really made some of that stuff with my hands. It's great to work for people whose aesthetic awareness and filmmaking skill are things to admire.

Also, most of this stuff I had nothing to do with, like the exquisite puppets. Lots of talented people on this.

See it here.

8 comments:

JPX said...

As a closeted Sponge Bob fan all I can say is, "Wow!" The next thing I would say is, "Where is my stolen prop from the set?" The level of talent on this blog never ceases to amaze me. Nice work, Octo, and I'm going to pretend that you made the entire episode by yourself.

DKC said...

Totally awesome!! I agree JPX, I'm going to pretend the same thing - it's all Octo.

AC said...

super cool, octopunk!

Jordan said...

That really, really looks fantastic. Great work!

I'd love a detailed list of everything you made and where it is in the trailer (and the finished movie).

Catfreeek said...

So excited! By the way, we thoroughly enjoyed Frankenhole:)

Abduscias said...

It looks great! :)

Abduscias said...

It looks great! :)

Spongebob business checks said...

So cute of you spongebob.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...