Thursday, August 02, 2012

"Prometheus" Sequel is Moving Forward


From worstpreviews, Ridley Scott's "Alien" prequel, called "Prometheus," hit theaters in June and went on to gross $303 million globally on a $130 million budget. The prequel was initially envisioned as a two-parter, but many wondered if $303 million is enough for 20th Century Fox to push forward with the second part.

The studio has now confirmed that the studio and Scott are actively moving ahead with a follow-up and that both Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are signed on to return. "Prometheus" writer Damon Lindelof previously said that he may not be available for the sequel, but will still be involved in some capacity. Talks with new writers have already started.

"Ridley is incredibly excited about the movie, but we have to get it right. We can't rush it," said Fox president of production Emma Watts. The plan is to begin work immediately and have "Prometheus 2" in theaters in 2014 or 2015.

No comments: