Wednesday, September 05, 2012

The Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters Movie Is Either the Worst Thing Ever or the Best


From toplessrobot, I've watched the trailer three times now, and I still have no idea. The problem is that I don't know if the film knows how fucking dumb it is or not; if it has the slightest bit of self-awareness about its ludicrous premise, its godawful story, and insanely awful dialoge, that's one thing -- but if it doesn't, and it believes its actually a really cool movie about two badass siblings who fight witches with weapons Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing would find overelaborate, well... fuck. All I know is that there appears to be a witch with a gatling gun. But is that so dumb it's awesome, or so dumb it shoots right past awesome and ends up dumb again? I have no idea!

5 comments:

Octopunk said...

Hmm. I'm gunning for best.

AC said...

i'm gonna let rotten tomatoes decide.

hey, isn't horrorthon less than a month away?

Octopunk said...

Why, it is! I've been kicking around some kick-off ideas in my kicker.

AC said...

cool! last year's kick-off was wicked fun.

Catfreeek said...

Yeah, can't wait!

Oh and the movie does look pretty bad ass too.