Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I'mnotMarc's Summary and Excuses


While it might seem silly of me to write a summary when I finished with a score of 3, I wound up watching several movies I never reviewed. It may have had something to do with forgetting my password after every post. Just could never seem to remember the damn thing and it didn't help matters that Blogspot's password recovery thing takes a day to kick in.

More likely though, it was because the newest expansion pack for the Sims came out at the beginning of the month and I spent most of October glued to that. Frankly, I'm amazed I managed to get so much work done given how much time I devoted to that friggin game.

Anyhow, I only saw about 6 or 7 movies for the thon, but I'm going to milk those 6 or 7 for all they're worth.

1. Favorite: Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - The death of Kevin McCarthy provides a wicked epilogue to a candy-ass 50's sci-fi flick. That wickedness permeates the 70s "sequel"
2. Hidden Gem Award: Alone in the Dark (1982) - to clarify, without Landau, Pleasence and Palance, this movie's dead in the water, but they bring their A-game to B-level material.
3. Most Disturbing: Dunwich Horror - It's disturbing how little I cared about this movie.
4. Scream Queen: Donald Sutherland when he sees the human chick at the end of Snatchers
5. Worst: Pirhana II - Mentally comparing the scariness of the thing popping out of your chest being an alien, versus the thing popping out of your chest being a fish, somehow the fish doesn't match up.
6. So Bad It's Good: Pirhana II again. Campy fun seeing rookie Lance Henriksen ham-hand this whole movie. Plenty of cheesecake to go around.
7. Goriest: None of them really, but the decomposition in Snatchers is rather fucked up.
8. Most Memorable Death: The cockroach scene in Elm Street 4
9. Best Looking Monster: Not much to choose from here. I'll go with the naked chick inside Joey's waterbed in Elm Street 4 who turns out later to be Freddy. Octopunk exclaimed, "Joey's the only one in the Elm Street series that gets to see any tits."
10. Scariest: Snatchers again. From the shocked yelp DS emits after hearing the cop car/body impact when McCarthy exits the scene, I was hooked.
11. Best of 2005: I'd put Hide and Seek here, but I don't think it really deserves to be number 1 at anything so I'm going to say it was the second best 05 movie I watched and leave the top spot blank.

2 comments:

JPX said...

It seems to me that I'mnotmark. . . still has some reviews to write. You better do it or you'll get a year of, "Whenareyougoingtowriteyourreviews, whenareyougoingtowriteyourreviews. . .?"

Octopunk said...

I love your choice for Scream Queen. When Summerisle made these superlative topics last year, he subtitled that one with "Girl you'd most like to 'take out to dinner.'"

I was going to taunt you about that but then I realized you'd just keep your same answer anyway.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...