Sunday, November 20, 2005

Peter Jackson to produce Halo movie


Okay, this news is several weeks old, but I just found out.

More embarrassing is this: when this news was already three weeks old, I said:

"I think some day somebody will make a good movie based on a video game. I think this movie will do things differently somehow, manage to pull out the kineticism and punch of the game without sacrificing the storytelling or the characterization. And I don't think Uwe Boll will have anything to do with it."

Let's hope this film is the one. Because if you consult this list of movies based on video games (except Doom), you'll find a couple of mildly good times, but no standouts.

Of course, if by some cosmic accident Jackson picks Uwe Boll to direct this movie, my whole universe will suck into itself like the house at the end of Poltergeist.

2 comments:

JPX said...

I've been out of touch with modern videogames for a long time. I think DOOM (1993) was the last game I played to completition. I know nothing about HALO.

Octopunk said...

My brother Tim got Halo a couple of years ago; I've never played the actual game, but we did have some Christmas fun going after each other in the head-to-head mode.

The last game I really got into was Tomb Raider 2. If I start playing a game these days, all I notice are the departures from Lara's movement interface, plus I get my ass kicked.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...