Monday, April 21, 2014

Daily Spider-Man! Where was the "Wall of Webbing" during all that chit chat?


I've been avoiding joking about the ludicrous length of time this death plummet has been taking because I went to that well a few times during other recent falls:  that girder and Spider-Man himself.  But jeez, guys!


My favorite panel was this moment from last week, which didn't bother with any deceptive movement lines or rocket trails and instead shows them hanging there in a state so close to motionless that other characters can take taxis to the impact point and arrive earlier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Jameson said "There goes the last of your webbing." , I thought Spidey ran out of webs. But now it looks like he still has penalty of webbing left!

Octopunk said...

I think he just meant that the last clinging piece of that particular "web wall" or whatever broke loose from the building.

Octopunk said...

I just tried and failed to find an image of this, but I recall a Spider-Man coloring book I had once in which Spidey delivers the winning blow to two airborne assailants (flying saucers maybe?) by shooting upwards and causing his webs to take the form of huge fists. Now that's just silly.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...