Thursday, January 24, 2008

Jason Statham To Remake The Crow?


From cinemablend, Jason Statham is one of the very few action stars out there who hasn’t been rumored to be involved in a comic book movie. He remedied that today in an interview with IESB, where he started dropping hints about future projects.

Statham says he “took a meeting for Sub-Mariner,” which sounds like an awful role for him and he agrees. Statham’s assessment of the project is, “I don’t know if I’d look right running around in a tight speedo with wings on my ankles.” I don’t know if anyone would Jason. Hopefully they’d at least nix the silly ankle feathers if Namor ever gets his own film.

Also on Jason Statham’s possible comic book movie list is The Crow, which he says a non-specific “they” is in the process of remaking. The original of course, starred Brandon Lee and was a huge cult hit. It also doesn’t need to be remade… it’s not that old after all. If they do redo it though, Statham says “if that one comes my way, bang!” I guess that means he’d really like to do it. Aside from the fact that a remake is a horrible idea (but then when isn’t it), I have a hard time picturing him all gothed out like Brandon Lee. Statham’s best when he’s playing a brute, and The Crow is a little more subtle than his normal head-butting stuff.

4 comments:

DKC said...

Boo! I like Statham, but I really don't think they should remake that movie.

JPX said...

No kidding! I love the original Crow even though I've never been clear on the bad guy's motivations.

miko564 said...

I just got back from a business trip to Detroit...they needed no further motivation JPX. Living in Detroit made them mad, angry, and wanting to burn stuff down....I understand their feelings.

Octopunk said...

Yeah, this makes no sense. Statham's great but he's got the wrong look.

I found this funny: "Jason Statham is one of the very few action stars out there who hasn’t been rumored to be involved in a comic book movie."

But he's been in a video game movie -- doesn't that kinda count?

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...