Thursday, January 24, 2008

LEGO Star Wars Steampunk Contest Is Rad


From geekology, A week or two ago someone sent a tip about the LEGO Star Wars Steampunk contest, and I forgot all about it. So whoever that was let me know, and I'll give you the proper credit you're due. Anyways, there's a contest going on over at the FTBD (From Bricks to Bothans) forums until the end of the month where you steampunkify a vehicle from Star Wars and post it for judging. The entries have been rolling in, and some of the creations are absolutely ridiculous. These people have got some serious imaginations and LEGO building talent. It's weird how that works -- some people are good at some things and others are good at other things. Like these people are great at constructing wicked steampunk Star Wars vehicles, and I'm good at, well, failing at life.

Hit the jump for a bunch more vehicles and make sure to check out the link to the contest page (scroll down) for all the bad-assness.

2 comments:

DKC said...

Well, Octo? Do we get to see an entry from you?

Octopunk said...

I doubt it. I love Steampunk as an idea and I also love Star Wars of course, but I like to devote my Lego energy to my own stuff. Maybe something small, since the deadline isn't until the 31st.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...