Monday, November 02, 2015

Ash vs Evil Dead


STARZ network

(2015) *****

It has been 23 years since Ash last tangled with the deadites. Time has not been kind to him. He is 30 pounds heavier and when he is not working as the senior stock boy at Save Stop he spends his nights at the local watering hole picking up women during last call. One evening after a particularly poor decision he unwittingly brings back an ancient evil he thought he would never confront again.


For those concerned that an Evil Dead television series would tarnish the memories of the cult movies I am pleased to report that Ash Vs Evil Dead delivers the goods on all fronts. The horror comedy never misses a chance to shock with extreme gore or make you laugh at Ash’s buffoonery. The pilot episode written by Sam Rami and Bruce Cambell could easily be a cinematic sequel to Army of Darkness. With his chainsaw literally in hand and his ‘boomstick’ on his back, Ash easily slips into his warrior mode to take care of business through a brisk hour of non-stop carnage. There are 10 episodes to the series and it has just been renewed for a second season. Find a copy immediately!

7 comments:

Catfreeek said...

We loved it too! Hey does this count as a valid entry?

JPX said...

I'm not counting it as an entry but I wanted to get the word out!

Catfreeek said...

Oh okay, I was gonna say if it is I'll review it too. Haha!

AC said...

So glad it's good! Fortunately we haven't canceled cable yet. Hope to watch the first episode tonight.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I'm so pissed that I don't get Stars... I don't mind waiting to the end and binge watching the season though.

Abduscias said...

Yup! I'm going to have to get Starz!!

Octopunk said...

So amped to hear this is good. We ditched cable almost a year ago, so I'll be binge watching with Johnny.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...