Monday, November 02, 2015

We Are Still Here


(2015)****

Older couple moves to an old house in a new town to try to forget the recent death of their adult son.  Then, strange things start to happen. 


I won’t take the time to rehash the plot since it has been reviewed a number of times here already, but suffice it to say, I agree whole-heartedly.  Quality VOD horror is a rare find, but it seems there have been a number of really entertaining ones this year!  Tales of Halloween, Xmas Horror Story, and this one.  I was actually really tempted to go higher on my rating, but the awkward acting job of the two main leads was a little too noticeable at some points.  But on the plus side, this was definitely the scariest movie I saw this year.  I woke up a number of times in the nights afterwards, thinking about the burned children and their “hot hands”.  

Very glad I learned about this one.  Thanks Horrorthon!

4 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Glad you caught this. This was definitely one of the more memorable horror movies I caught this year. I agree about the acting though.

AC said...

Scary is good! Due to circumstances beyond my control (cough epic battles over movie choices cough) I didn't get any real scares this October. But we made our friends watch 28 days later on Halloween, which gave one of them actual nightmares about the zombie apocalypse, so there's that.

Catfreeek said...

I really liked this one too, haven't reviewed it yet but it's coming.

Octopunk said...

I may have to break protocol and view this one off 'thon. The title itself is intriguing.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...