Sunday, November 01, 2015

Dark Shade Creek

(2012)*

To review this I first need to explain why this piece of crap is on my list in the first place. Typically much of my Horrorthon viewing is done alone in the evenings since my husband works evenings. Having honed my system of selection over the years, I enjoy the freedom of choosing films I feel I would like and so far have been pretty consistent at finding ones that are at the very least watchable/enjoyable. This year I was excited to know my dear husband would be taking a weeks vacation so that we could enjoy the final stretch of Horrorthon together. Yikes! What the hell was I thinking? This is a man who puts on a Troma worthy zombie flick EVERY SINGLE NIGHT when we go to bed! My dreams are often invaded by these weak representations who call themselves zombies. So I thought telling him that I was trying to avoid zombie films this year would help my situation, he picked this instead. A film so bad Troma would have sent them packing. Want to know the plot? A group of too old to be teens that would never in a million years hang out together go to some back wooded area to party. In spite of the numerous warnings from the locals, including the sheriff about a resident who went mad after overdosing on acid and the knowledge of numerous murders taking place there they decide it's still a good idea to go. Soooo...murder and mayhem, crappy fx like blood being thrown on trees, a killer with a big ugly head and a blond with terrible 80's hair. Unbelievably this big headed psychopath is somehow immortal Jason Voorhees style and by God they made a sequel that I can tell you will never grace my tv screen, at least while I'm awake anyway. I think next year I will urge the hubby to take Christmas week off.

6 comments:

AC said...

Ugh! Was it worse than Lake Noir?

Catfreeek said...

It's a close second.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Now you have to watch the sequel Cat!

Catfreeek said...

Nooooooo!

JPX said...

Haha, funny review! I can't watch Troma movies, I just can't. I agree with JSP, you need to watch the sequel!

Octopunk said...

seQUEL seQUEL seQUEL

I love that this review is more about you and your man than it is about the movie. Hear hear!

I bet if someone gave us the same modest budget we could make a good forest/slasher movie.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...