Monday, October 19, 2015

Animal


(2014) ***

The derivative ‘Animal’ can be summed up in a single sentence; a group of friends including the jock, the gay guy, the snob, the black girl, etc. vacation in a remote cabin in a deep forest only to be pursued by a blood-thirsty monster.  That’s it.


I’m being a bit unfair. Although we have seen this story countless times before I still had a fun time watching it unfold. Sure the characters do all the annoying things you wouldn’t in real life including falling down a lot while being pursued or separating from your friends and running off on your own into a dark forest, but the monster is cool looking and the violence is pretty brutal. If you are looking for a straightforward monster romp ‘Animal’ is your guy.

3 comments:

Catfreeek said...

The monster does look cool. Sometimes toward the end of Horrorthon I search for these types of films, ones that require little to no thinking on my part. I'll keep this in mind.

AC said...

Eh, I want a little more originality with my horror!

Octopunk said...

I really have no time for people in contemporary horror movies who make stupid decisions, because I assume they, like me, have watched lots of vintage horror movies and therefore should know better.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...