Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Goodnight Mommy

(2015)****

Twin boys anticipate the arrival home of their mother who has been hospitalized after undergoing facial surgery. Mother's face is wrapped up and she seems to have a distinct lack of patience so the boys begin to question if she is infact their real mother.

I had put this on my must see list and after reading Trevor's review that cinched it. If anyone in the area is interested it is currently playing at the Cable Car in Providence. As Trevor stated there really isn't a whole lot that can be said without plot spoilers. There is what I believe to be an intentional plot reveal early on in the film, there are several subtle and not so subtle hints throughout the film which is why I feel it was intentionally revealed. Trevor also described the film as horrific in which I completely agree. At a couple of key moments I pealed my eyes off the screen just long enough to have a look around at the shock and complete horror on the faces of my fellow theater goers. Even though we were nestled into the comfy couch seats at the theater I can honestly say this film made me feel quite uncomfortable. The twin boys take child acting above par and the setting of the film is wonderful. My opinion, biddy beware.

9 comments:

JPX said...

I'm going to try to catch it at the Cable Car this week. Another solid review about this film and I can't wait to check it out!

Octopunk said...

Ditto! I hope to catch it this week.

Trevor said...

You're so right - the acting from the two twins was intense. Great review - glad you liked it.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Both of your reviews are making me want to read spoilers!

Catfreeek said...

Don't do it! Just go see it!

DKC said...

Ugh, I wanted to see this but not sure after these reviews. And the biddy beware comment!!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Trying hard... not... to... read... spoilers...

Catfreeek said...

Don't do it!

AC said...

Hee hee! Johnny, don't tease Catfreeek! :)

I trust Catfreeek's judgment and will skip it this year. Some thons I like to push the envelope, but not this one.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...