Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Strange Color Of Your Body's Tears

This shot and the apartment building are by far the coolest things about this film
(2013)*
A man returns home from a business venture only to find his wife has gone missing. He and the detective on the case discover strange goings on in the apartment building where the man and his wife live. Murder, mayhem, people behind the walls, eyeballs, leather gloves and other oddities occur. That's about all I can tell you about the plot of this film. A sad attempt at being avant guarde which rapidly reveals itself to be just another artsy pretentious piece of crap. Everything about this movie is just strange from the characters to the way it was shot featuring sections where camera stills are spliced together into choppy disjointed scenes. I feel the director mistakenly translated avant guarde to just mean weird and he ran with that idea. Sorely disappointed, I had high hopes for this French film too considering France has been delivering the goods for a few years now when it comes to horror. Watching this felt like someone just took a shit on my floor and I was forced to stand in it barefoot for two hours. I'd rather watch a dozen Troma films, they would insult my intelligence far less.

6 comments:

AC said...

Definitely in so bad it's just bad territory, correct? Unredeemable?

Catfreeek said...

Utter crap.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

LOL, crap on the floor is a nice metaphor. With a name so awesome I just knew it couldn't be good.

Octopunk said...

My god there's nothing worse than someone trying to be "artsy" when they don't have the chops.

JPX said...

"Watching this felt like someone just took a shit on my floor and I was forced to stand in it barefoot for two hours." Haha, that's all I need to know!

Abduscias said...

The descriptions are wonderful! But oh!, no Troma!!!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...