Tuesday, August 09, 2011

New Tintin poster!


How do you like those apples? There's a big version over here.

To all you actual Tintin fans: What do you think, huh? This kind of confirms what we already knew about how "The Secret of the Unicorn" has been somehow combined with "Cigars of the Pharaoh." Or rather, the brief sequence on the trawler in "Cigars" (with the famous Tintin/Haddock first meeting) and the escape by longboat has been transposed into "Unicorn," although I can't really understand how one would do that.

It's kind of like the new "Winnie the Pooh" movie: there's always a need for a new story, apparently. It makes me realize how unusual the Peter Jackson/Tolkien movies are.

3 comments:

JPX said...

I am unfamiliar with Tintin but I thought the trailer looked beautiful. It took me a few seconds to realize that it was CG.

On a similar note, I still can't believe how good the apes look in Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Octopunk said...

This is the first good look I've got of the characters' faces in Tintin and I'm a little creeped out. Still trying to keep an open mind, however.

Jordan said...

I think it's awesome, awesome, awesome...but we've been through this.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...