Sunday, July 01, 2012

Chimp Rumble

We took Zack to the LA Zoo last week. We've come to learn that at some point in any zoo visit, the inevitable ups and downs of wishing animals to do something interesting usually result in some tears. Sure enough, the lions let us down -- not in the time-honored lion "all we will do is yawn" way, but by being altogether absent.

Then ten minutes later the chimps made it all up to us, some ape house political dispute suddenly turning into screeching and jumping around and banging on things to make loud noises at each other. I switched from still pictures to video just in time to catch some fists flying. Zack was parked on my shoulders and laughing it up.

How about a little Rage virus, Scarecrow?

I was afraid Zack's fun would be ruined when some chimp got his throat ripped out, but fortunately there wasn't any bloodshed.

On the way out we got a zoo membership.

5 comments:

JPX said...

First of all, I love the caption, “Chimp Rumble”! That would be a great name for a band. Second of all, that was AWESOME! I thought I was watching a scene from Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I don’t think you have to worry about Zack developing PTSD because I could here him laughing (future serial killer?)

DKC said...

Awesome! Zoo memberships are the best, we had one a few years ago and they pay for themselves with like, two visits. I'm sure the L.A. zoo is totally cooler then Roger Williams...I mean, they have Chimp Rumbles!

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Holy crap that was amazing!

AC said...

love it!!!

50PageMcGee said...

wow, they are duking it the fuck out at the beginning -- i gotta think that there was equally awesome stuff happening before you were able to get your phone out.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...