Monday, July 16, 2012

'Oz: The Great and Powerful' Trailer: James Franco and His Hat Enter the World of Widescreen 3D CGI Stuff



From iwatchstuff, Well, looks like Sam Raimi has his Alice in Wonderland. Here's the first trailer for Oz: The Great and Powerful, the director's Wizard of Oz prequel that follows the black & white-to-technicolor balloon flight James Franco rode into fiction's most eccentric dwarf and witch commune. Though you won't see any singing little people in this teaser, you do get a chance to ogle the film's three witches: Mila Kunis's Carmen Sandiego, Rachel Weisz as Legend's Mia Sara (evil version), and Michelle Williams as sexy Masters of the Universe fantasy indulgence. Plus, some monkeys and a hat fly right at the screen! Three Dee!

7 comments:

Crystal Math said...

It looks rad and visually stunning but I just haven't been able to get into James Franco's acting. I'd still see it, though.

JPX said...

I completely agree.

Octopunk said...

I really like James Franco. If you can get past his Tiger Beat looks and the whole Harry Osborne fiasco, he probably won't let you down. If you've already seen 127 Hours and you still don't like him, then you probably won't ever.

I thought that looked pretty damn cool, but yeah, Mila Kunis's hat -- whuaah?

Crystal Math said...

I fall into that last category, Octo. I love the story of survival and perseverance in 127 Hours, even saw the NBC Nightly News special (or whatever cable channel it was on) where the actual dude retraced his footsteps, said hello to the rock that took his arm, then back to civilization. Stunning. Breathtaking. I got teary-eyed.

With regards to Mr. Franco: I'm willing to consider him as a good/convincing actor, but seeing 127 Hours, his role as Harry O., and the terrible job he did co-hosting the Oscars with Anne Hathaway, I've got a growing feeling that the acting is being done by those around him -- by Hathaway, Kunis, or a rock.

Octopunk said...

Sick burn!

That Oscars co-hosting thing was a cringefest, but I don't generally fault actors' acting if they can't do that kind of thing (witness the many good actors who host SNL and suck at it).

If not for Julie's interest in 127 Hours, I never would have seen it. This has been discussed on the blog before, but predicament movies of that type are the last things I want to watch, even though sometimes I grudgingly enjoy them.

If I were that guy I'd take that rock home and pee on it daily.

Octopunk said...

I think it was Freaks and Geeks that enabled James Franco to win me over, although I wasn't totally gaga about the show.

Julie said...

Love James & Mila. Yep, I get to call them by their first names. This movie looks hot. I am going to drag Octo to the theater with me and eat a pound of candy while there.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...