Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The One Thing That Brings Jedi, Sith, Rebels and Imperials Together Is "Call Me Maybe" (Obviously)



From mashable, What happens when you mix the music from “Call Me Maybe” with its lyrics lifted from all six Star Wars movies? That’s right, it’s yet another “Call Me Maybe” parody, this one from a galaxy far, far away.

[JPX] Apparently this has been a very popular song for some time now. I'm old so of course I had never heard it before. Below is the original song. Be warned, it's bad but annoyingly catchy.

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

Okay, I was getting annoyed with the video for the original song (and of course I've never heard of it either), but the SW version did make me laugh a couple of times.

My favorite parts were the bits that didn't have any lip-synch going on, like the poignant shots of Luke's X-Wing approaching Cloud City and various lightsaber moves as dance moments.

The subtitled cheats and gratuitous "It's a trap!" were great, too.

Or does the original song end that way? I didn't watch it all.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...