Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Thor 2" Villains Accidentally Revealed


[JPX] Having never read a Thor comic book in my life this news is meaningless to me, however consider this stuff spoilery,

From worstpreviews,IReviewToo website had the chance to speak to Hollywood stuntman James Grogan (Snow White and the Huntsman, Dark Shadows), who accidentally revealed the villains in Marvel's upcoming "Thor" sequel.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

"The other day I was working on 'Thor 2,'" he explained. "I had a load of stunt guys in and the director Alan Taylor) came in and he said 'Look, we want you all to be elves,' and I was like 'What the hell is an elf anyway?' And he said 'I want you all to walk around like these supernatural animals.'"

Since the full title of the new movie is "Thor: The Dark World," is safe to assume that Grogan is talking about the Dark Elves, which are lead by Malekith the Accursed (pictured), a major Thor villain. In "Thor" comic book #344, Loki forms an alliance with Malekith in order to secure the Casket of Ancient Winters. Tom Hiddleston has already confirmed that he's returning as Loki.

The Casket of Ancient Winters is an artifact from the realm of the Frost Giants and a powerful and deadly weapon. When opened, it releases powerful arctic weather that is capable of freezing anything in its path; killing humans and immobilizing Asgardians. The Casket can only be opened and handled by a Frost Giant; anyone else who attempts to open it would be burned. Its magic is also strong enough to temporarily disrupt the powers of Odin.

3 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Thor comics were always a little too D&D for me but I haven't picked one up since the 80's so what the hell do I know?

Octopunk said...

I've never picked up a Thor comic, so if it didn't show up in The Ultimates or that time the X-Men went to Asgard, I don't know it. Still, elves or not, I like "The Dark World."

Why don't they just kill Loki already?

Octopunk said...

That made-for-TV Thor costume is adorably pathetic.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...