Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I'm Batman


I've been scouring Targets for the PJs-with-cape sets that were everywhere a few months back; I foolishly got my huge four-year-old a size 4T Superman outfit and the notion of the imminent day when I had to tell him he couldn't wear it anymore was breaking my heart. Lo and behold, at a Tarzhay run near my mother-in-law's house, I found not only the larger Supes outfit but also this slammin' Dark Knight set.



The kicker here, of course, is the cape. When he put these on for bed last night I knew he'd be wearing them to school today, and I tried to coach him that people will eventually tire of him saying "I'm Batman." He must've said it 50 times to me this morning, and I stayed up too late last night, so it was admittedly working my nerves.


I made this purchase despite a recent effort to get him in normal clothes for preschool more often. But I can't clamp down completely. You're only a kid once, so live the dream, right?

7 comments:

JPX said...

Um, do they make them for adults too?

That's great! I totally get what you mean about clothing trends. My kid will be 13 (gulp) next month and all he wants to wear are athletic shorts, jerseys, over-sized ugly baseball caps and expensive sneakers. I want to tell him that he looks like a dope, but then I remembered how we dressed in the 80s.

50PageMcGee said...

You could get him a Black Bolt outfit and then remind him that if he says, "I'm Black Bolt" he'll blow up Los Angeles.

Julie said...

He really wants to be Kid Flash, which would be excellent with the red hair. But I only found actual costumes, not pajamas, online. And I want to save that for Halloween. I don't want him actually running around in a skin tight Kid Flash outfit. That is just too much somehow.

AC said...

adorable! go zack!

DKC said...

You should totally get him the flash outfit for Camp Chaos, Julie!!
Jake had a Superman pair of pj's with a cape when he was about three. I loved those pj's.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Very cute indeed. Reminds me of a little kid dressed like Batman whom I saw week after week at the Walnut Creek Farmer's Market.

I hope we get a chance to see him when we visit in a couple of weeks!

Catfreeek said...

He's so cute:)

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...