Friday, February 24, 2006

Goblin return!

From Darkhorizons, "Our own Billion$Baby sent over word that Goblin, the legendary prog-rock band that provided the soundtracks for Dario Argento's Suspiria, Deep Red, and, of course, Dawn of the Dead, have announced that members Fabio Pignatelli, Massimo Morante, Maurizio Guarini and Agostino Marangolo are reforming, and releasing the first new record in years.

"Back to the Goblin 2005" is one of the band's precious few non-soundtrack releases, and the group hopes to do some live shows to support the release."

7 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I would love to see Goblin live, that would be a lark I'd love to shout out "Parking the Vans! Parking the Vans!" If they're smart they would use Suspiria-like bright blue and red lighting at their shows.

Octopunk said...

I hope a number of fans show up in zombie get-up. Actually, Summerisle, that's your assignment.

JPX said...

Summerisle, that's hilarious! "Parking the vans!" Dunna da dunna, dun na na da dunna..."

JPX said...

That's the name of the music played during that scene in Dawn of the Dead when they block off all the doors with the large trucks.

Octopunk said...

Uhh...can someone fill in the less-versed-in-Goblin as to why that's funny?

Johnny Sweatpants said...

OK, I'll try but I'm not promising anything. The humor derives from the fact that I spent many years trying to track down the soundtrack on cd. The whole reason I was looking for it was because of the one catchy tune, I thought of it as the Dawn of the Dead theme song and it should have been called something like "The Dead Walk the Earth" or "Rabid Zombies Chew Intestines". Well when I finally got the damn thing I was underwhelmed by the actual title of the song "Parking the Vans". Upon intense scrutiny it's really not very funny. But yelling out "Parking the Vans!" to a live band who is famous for horror film scores is kind of...

Octopunk said...

Stop answering my questions before I ask them! Damn telepaths.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...