Monday, February 27, 2006

More on that Wicker Man remake


bloodydisgusting posted this interview with the Christa Campbell "Donna" from the upcoming Wicker Man remake,

"BD: You have six movies due out this year including the TV movie, “Deadly Water”, directed by your “Mansquito” director, Tibor Takacs, and “The Wicker Man” with Nicolas Cage, Leelee Sobieski and Ellen Burstyn. What can you tell us about these two movies, particularly “The Wicker Man”? And have you seen the original “The Wicker Man” with Christopher Lee, Edward Woodward, Britt Ekland and Ingrid Pitt?

CC: Of course I’ve seen the original “The Wicker Man”! I own it! I love it! It was very erotic, I thought. The remake is different in some ways - the island is all women, scary women! This will be a huge release, apparently it’s very scary! And Nic is always amazing, the rest is hush- hush. Deadly water - geez I was thrown off a boat in Vancouver, at 3 am in the freezing, pouring-down rain and had to drown. Oh, by the way, you can only be in there for a few seconds or your body will freeze over! Did I mention I can barely swim? Oh yeah, I didn’t tell the producers that. They said you’re going into the water and I replied yeah!! Let’s do it! And I’m scared sh*tless! But it all worked out in the end.

BD: Would you give us a brief description of what this version of “The Wicker Man” is about? And what your character Donna does in the film?

CC: I’m in the opening scenes of the movie with Nic, before he goes to the island, before…things happen! Oh, I just can’t tell!

BD: That must have been quite exciting, working with Nicolas Cage and Ellen Burstyn, both Oscar winners. What kind of experiences did you have while filming “The Wicker Man”?

CC: My experience was wow! Am I glad to be here, just try not to get myself fired!In a remake of the 1973 British horror thriller of the same name, Nicolas Cage plays a reclusive sheriff who goes to search for his estranged daughter after she mysteriously disappears on a secluded island. When he arrives, he senses something more is amiss among the island's secretive residents as he starts to uncover a mystery involving strange sexual rituals, a harvest festival and possible human sacrifice."

6 comments:

Octopunk said...

"Ohmigod, things like happen in this movie, and it's amazing, and...and..."

That was an amazingly in-depth interview. So here are the changes we know about: the island is all women, and the missing girl is the cop's daughter. I dunno. These are exactly the kinds of changes that might sound good (island of pagan women), but are ultimately the changes that tank it, making us go "why'd they change it? The first way worked great."

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Well put. Just the few changes you listed, as well as the fact that the island is off of Maine instead of Scotland, make it a different movie entirely. I wouldn't be as angry about it if they just changed the damn name. I think I'm gonna have to stand outside the theater with picket signs when it opens..

Octopunk said...

Wicker picket signs? That burn? That would get some attention.

JPX said...

You should build a Wicker Man outside of the theater and burn yourself in it in protest...

Octopunk said...

Yeah, but not really burn yourself, just burn yourself enough so that you're comically blackened and disheveled. Like Inspector Clousseau after a bomb goes off, or something.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

All great ideas. I'm gonna do some soul searching tonight...

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...