Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tom Baker up for wearing long scarf


In a recent interview with Tom Baker, popular for his portrayal of the titular role in Doctor Who, the actor revealed that he'd be interested in returning to the series if the circumstances were right:

"If they could come up with a good enough part I would consider it. It would depend what the proposition was. But I wouldn't want to make an entrance just for a cheap laugh. I've got nothing against cheap laughs but I just don't need to do that now."

I believed this speech until I saw the picture of him. Where are his eyebrows? What has this man done to himself? It looks like he's gained a couple hundred pounds. He's nothing but a cheap laugh. I'd be really interested to hear what proposition would bring him back. I'm willing to wager that a stack of sponge cakes would get him to do just about anything.

Baker also notes that he's never actually seen an episode of Doctor Who. Though he may be fat, he's no nerd.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He seems to be saying, "OBVIOUSLY any entrance onscreen by myself would come off as a cheap joke, given my unfortunate going-to-seed; nevertheless I'm humbled and charmed by the idea."

JPX said...

That's hilarious! Man, I NEVER got the whole "Doctor Who" thing.

Octopunk said...

Clearly neither did Tom Baker. How could you NEVER watch an episode of the show you starred in? Is that respectful? No.

JPX said...

It always pisses me off when a celebrity claims that he never watched a show he was one. Johnny Depp is always like, "I've only watched 2 episodes of 21 Jump Street." Other actors/actresses will claim that they never watch the movies they're in. I mean, what the fuck? How could you not? Wouldn't there be a tiny bit of curiosity? Why wouldn't you? Man, I'd not only watch myself, I make it part of my daily ablutions.

Octopunk said...

Having worked in production, I can see it from a "I didn't get around to it" kind of thing, but I was never actually ON camera. My vanity would get the better of me, for sure.

I used to have Deathmatch watching parties at my house, because few of my coworkers had cable.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...