Monday, December 17, 2007

More praise for Batman


From iwatchstuff, As much as I hate lavishing affection on anything that won't later reject me, I have to say, the finally-released trailed to The Dark Knight looks pretty impressive. Heath Ledger appears to be giving us the psychotic Batman antagonist we all prayed for as Arnold Schwartzenegger assaulted us with one-line puns about freezing. Even as Nolan took a lot of liberties with the look, this feels more like the Joker than anything I've seen on screen. It's kind of chilling, really. If I didn't know it was Ledger, I don't know if I could've figured it out, which should hopefully dissuade crafty editors from making an inevitable Brokeback Mountain parody trailer.

My only confusion comes from the line that Joker's clothes are all custom. Since when are home-made clothes sinister? I remember a kid in elementary school having home-made clothes, and it seems like the sentiment was more along the lines of extremely lame. Though I guess I could see how that kid might be a psychotic clown at this point, after all the merciless playground beatings.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

The trailer is good, yeah; but the IMAX excerpt (which, I believe, is the first five minutes of the movie) is way better. (You can only see it in front of the IMAX I Am Legend.)

The IMAX Dark Knight prologue will make you feel like you're high even if you're not.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...