Monday, December 17, 2007

'Horton Hears a Who' Trailer is Surprisingly Watchable


From iwatchstuff, After Jim Carrey turned Dr. Seuss's The Grinch into a pointless, disturbing horror show, I was a little upset to learn he was teaming up with the makers of Ice Age to try it with Horton Hears a Who. Yet, somehow--probably through the voice-over of Steve Carell and the co-opted Beetlejuice music--this seem like it could be a reasonable adaptation of the original work.

Nice try, Carrey, but you're going to have to get up pretty early in the morning (for extensive makeup work and the attachment of fur prosthetics) if you want to horribly misinterpret another Dr. Seuss book.

Check out trailer here

2 comments:

DKC said...

That actually does look pretty fun. Especially the Suess-ian "inventions" in the beginning where the son is getting to the house. I hope therer are more of those.

Jordan said...

I don't like it. I'm sorry but I just don't. I can't get past the visuals; I don't know of any way to do Dr. Seuss justice visually. Chuck Jones came closest (with animated Grinch) but that was interesting in that Jones' linear style is so intriguingly similar to Seuss.'

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...