Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Real Steel trailer


From slashfilm [excerpt], Excuse me, let me get rid of these goosebumps and present you with the full trailer for Shawn Levy‘s rock ‘em sock ‘em robot movie Real Steel starring Hugh Jackman. The film, scheduled for release October 7, has such good buzz at DreamWorks that they’re already writing a sequel and – from this trailer, it’s easy to see why. Does it look cheesy and predictable? Most definitely. But most sports movies are like that. This one just happens to have big ass robots beating the crap out of each other centered around a nice father and son relationship. While trailer #1 played up the action, trailer #2 plays up the story and characters making Real Steel look like The Champ meets Transformers.

2 comments:

JPX said...

I can tell right away that I would hate this movie because of the precocious, annoying kid who appears to be in every scene. There' s nothing I hate more than when a kid is given lines that he/she would never say at a particular age. They're basically giving this 11-year old the lines of a 16-year old. The kid will ruin the movie the same way that Terminator 2 and Episode were ruined. No thanks.

Octopunk said...

As much as I'd like to counter your cynicism, I'm pretty disappointed after watching this trailer. The first trailer didn't have even a whiff of that kid.

I might see it anyway, because when you come down to it I'm kind of a sap.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...