Monday, April 02, 2012

A Family Circus Christmas?


How is it that I never heard of this special? Let me back up. Have you ever viewed a video on YouTube, then clicked on one of the suggested links afterwards and from there continue to click on links until you are far from your original link? I started out watching The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan’s Island (the Globetrotters were in town this weekend) and many clicks later I discovered this instantly so-bad-its-good gem. If you thought the comic strip was the bottom of the barrel for comic strips, check out the animated special. Perhaps I should have waited until December to post this, but it’s a slow news day. One surprising discovery; the voices are exactly as I imagined them to be, which has never happened to me before.

[UPDATE]

I started clicking links again and discovered this Cathy monstrosity! I recommend jumping to the 7 minute mark if you want confirmation that Cathy's tears are even grosser/trippier/annoying when animated.

2 comments:

DKC said...

Not that this was really what your post was about - but the kids and I saw the Harlem Globetrotters this weekend! They were awesome, we had a total blast!!

And yes, I totally know what you mean about the youtube click throughs...

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Haha I finally got around to watching these this morning and you're right JPX - the voices are exactly how I envisioned them!

Fucking awful, awful stuff. Nice find.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...