Saturday, September 28, 2013

Horrorthon Countdown Contest Day Three! Recommendations!


Happy Saturday, friendlies!  Welcome to the what can be the most useful of pep chats, the recommendations roundup.  Take a glance at your own previous lineups at the Horrorthon score blog and choose a few standouts that you heartily endorse for a rich exchange of future cobloggery.  That's a word cause I said.

Don't forget the wonderful Horrorthon Master List of reviews, so you can check out what's been said about a given movie.  We are serious archaeologists, people!  Dig deep!

I'll start the chatter in the comments (although I posted a hint above).  I'll add more as I think of them.  Remember, blog activity is generally light over the weekend so tune in often.  The perfect item for your Netflix queue (if you still have one of those) may show up at any time.

Monday night at midnight, people!  It's a comin'!


6 comments:

Octopunk said...

I've probably recommended this one before, but I was very charmed by Monsters. It's the gritty, real giant monster movie (and you thought that was Cloverfield. Bah).

DKC said...

I think JPX and I are still the only ones that have watched Burning Bright (Which I have just reconfirmed by checking the Monster List.) You guys should totally check that one out, dammit!

AC said...

looks like "pontypool" hasn't been reviewed by anyone but mr. ac and me, so that would be my pick.

Catfreeek said...

I've seen all three of those films but off Horrorthon so did not review them. I highly recommend The Last Circus and if you have not yet watched it Santa Sangre is fantastic!

Crystal Math said...

DCD I watched Burning Bright with JSP the year before I joined the H-Thon crowd, it was great and **spoiler alert** Meat Loaf was in the first five minutes.

My recommendations for quality horror films are as follows:
Targets
Rabies
The Poughkeepsie Tapes

I'm looking forward to exploring more foreign horror this year.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

The movie I watched last year that lingered the most is Kidnapped. I'm dying for someone else to watch it so I can discuss the ending!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...