Monday, September 09, 2013

What’s the First Rumored Title for ‘Star Wars Episode VII’?


From talkbacker, As casting continues on the new Star Wars in New York and with rumour after rumour being posted regarding potential imminent casting announcements, I thought I would have a dig into it myself.
For the last few days I have been waiting for confirmation from a highly trusted source to confirm or deny an interesting piece of information handed to me from another source whom I also trust, who has passed on valid information to me previously.
This being said, treat this as a rumour, but as of right now I have two sources confirming this information as accurate. So with that in mind, I bring it to you.
Here is what I heard from my source:
“…title I’m hearing is A New Dawn.”
So I sat on this for a few days and contacted a number of sources and awaited a response, then not long ago I received contact from another of my sources confirming it.

“there will be many potential titles by now, but yes that is a title I have heard mentioned. So do with that what you will.”

The mails I received from the source who gave me this information, also elaborated on a number of key things when I pressed for more details.

“… yes the falcon will make a big appearance, 1.1 scale size cross section is being constructed over at Pinewood, along with a power plant set and the famous cantina.”

So I assume Han Solo is indeed back then, and if they are building the famous cantina set from Episode 4, then that means Tatooine is a location the film will be using. So I guess another shoot in Tunisia is on the cards if that’s the case, and what about that power plant set? All Star Wars movies have them, so I guess that trend continues.
However it’s the potential title that interests me most. A New Dawn just seems right to me. I mean it’s virtually A New Hope, calling back the nostalgia of the original trilogy, a smart move if so. I do hope this is the title they go with.
They must have a number of titles in mind by now, not to mention multiple drafts of the script. Which as of posting this, I’m told is far from finished. Episode 7 is going to have its work cut out for it should it want to meet its 2015 release date. A part of me is very sceptical it will even be released in 2015, I hear there’s a lot of very heated debate about it going on internally between Disney, Lucasfilm and JJ Abrams.
One thing I also wanted to mention before heading off into the binary sunset was this; you can say what you like about George Lucas and what he did with his prequel trilogy, but one thing troubles me, now that he’s gone and only a consultant, will there be any more innovation in Star Wars?
George Lucas always pushed the boundaries of technology, but I don’t think this will be the case any more. Star Wars to me was always exciting because of the innovation each new instalment brought, and as bad as they eventually got, that was one aspect of Star Wars that always remained consistent.
Remember, JJ Abrams, Lucasfilm, and Disney have stellar track records for denying the shit out of genuine information. So consider this a rumour and take it with a pinch of salt until we start getting some official confirmations. However, I believe my sources, and they would know.

4 comments:

Octopunk said...

Let's think of some way worse titles:

"Mr. Skywalkers Magic Light Sword Emporium"

Johnny Sweatpants said...

"A New Dawn"? A new "yawn" is more like it.

Ok Octo, I'm in!

"The Gungan Dilemma"

"A Brief History of Trade Federation Embargoes"

"Lobot Has Feelings Too"

"No Bounty Hunters Whatsoever"

Johnny Sweatpants said...

"Who Wants to Marry an Ewok?"

"Nothing But Battle Droids"

"Uncle Owen Sings the Blues"

"The Return of George Lucas"

"The Great Jedi Dance Competition"




Octopunk said...

Ha! The Lobot one totally cracked me up.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...