Friday, September 27, 2013

Not Cool! At ALL!

How is it possible that this isn't cool?  A Terror-thon at the local independent theater?  Eight "terrifying" movies for $35?  And prizes?  And on a weekend day?  And during Horrorthon?  And that lineup? Should be the coolest thing ever, or at least the coolest thing all month.

But... Mr. AC and I have a conflict for the day.  A perfectly lovely and fun commitment that we cannot rebook.  No way around the conflict. I am (probably unreasonably) heartbroken about this. I must be displacing emotions from some other realm in my life.  The worst part is that they are showing The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, one of my favorite cult movies ever.  I haven't seen it on the big screen since it first came out, and I certainly didn't appreciate it that first time.  So for consolation purposes Mr. AC and I will watch it at home and review it for Horrorthon, but it just ain't the same.  Guess I should add to my bucket list, "Buckaroo Banzai on the big screen."  And bonus if it's in October!

4 comments:

JPX said...

Good lord that's fantastic, what the heck is the matter with you two? Cancel those plans, nothing is more important!

Catfreeek said...

I agree you must attend this fest at all cost!

JPX said...

I would love to see West World on the big screen!

Octopunk said...

That BB trailer is whack! I'm pining for that, Forbidden Planet and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Holy crap!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...