Thursday, September 28, 2006

In case you wondered what JPX's bedroom ceiling looks like...

JPX, or "Mrs. Optimus Prime" as we like to call him around here, was finally cowed by our taunting and more taunting and pretended to not notice these two Transformers-related items from IWatchStuff. But I thought I'd give him a little present before stomping him in the Horrorthon.


(Text from IWS) Emerging from the small, blurry, Bigfoot-style pictures of the Transformers comes a crisp detail of the design and face of the leader of the Autobots. Like grandma, he's now barely recognizeable compared to the pictures of him from your childhood, but you'll still probably end up wasting two hours on both of them next summer, out of guilt if nothing else.



The second IWS item, about the Transformer Jazz, goes like this:


From the utopian but dated land of Transformer World 2005 comes the first look at Jazz.* Clearly in just the design stage, this early drawing of Jazz** is perhaps analogous to the blues or ragtime music of early America that would lead to the formation of jazz.*** Or maybe it's closer to a shitty drawing of a robot**** with an absurdly small head that's meant to turn into a car but looks more likely to transform into the Sydney Opera House.

*Here referring to the Transformer, not the American musical style.

**Again, the robot.

***The music this time.

****Jazz.

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

I like how Optimus has a little face shield to protect his delicate features.

While I'm at it, I've got a question that I'm sure some other smartass has posed in the past 22 years. It's similar to my Silver Surfer query about why a far-off alien race or a galaxy-hopping world eater would emulate a Hawaiian leisure sport.

Why cars and trucks? And guns and planes and cement mixers? According to the imdb plot summary, the original Transformer cartoon posited both factions crashing on Earth millions of years ago and being revived by geological upheaval. Did they all wake up and say "Oh, freakin' finally! The stuff we can turn into makes sense!"

JPX said...

I was well aware of these Iwatchstuff posts but chose to avoid them due to the taunting I was certain would ensue.

Wow, I feel like it's junior high all over again and fat Kenny Wajda is trying to smother me with his large girth. Octo, save me again...

Octopunk said...

"I was well aware of these Iwatchstuff posts but chose to avoid them due to the taunting I was certain would ensue."

Wait, isn't that pretty much exactly what I said? Yay for taunting!

But only when it's me, Kenny. Back away from the nerd...

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...