Monday, June 06, 2011

Caption Contest results!

Good gravy where did the time go? I fully intended to finish all the caption contest strips and suddenly it’s Monday! As always I had a good chuckle reading through everyone’s entries and I again concluded that we’re all funnier than the original authors of these things. Given I have a packed day (*cough cough* must keep watching the live internet stream of the Casey Anthony murder trial) I’ll keep the results brief. I almost gave it to JSP for his Beetle Bailey,


Panel 1

"Why that's the most disgusting thing I've ever heard."

"I know, right? And yet for some reason the entire infantry unit is is in her room."

Panel 2

“I said ‘gangrene’ not ‘gang bang’ fellas”

However because JSP has used the mistaken word gag before I had to award it to Catfreeek for her Brenda Starr,


Panel 1

Mmmmmhmmmm...

Panel 2

'Think it's time for a little elevator action.'

Panel 3

'I'm getting up while she's a-goin' down.'

I love how lascivious that guy looks. I don’t know when this strip is from but it certainly has a 70s vibe to it and Cat’s dialogue perfectly dovetails with the 70s imagery. Congrats, Cat, funny stuff! I look forward to seeing what you come up with this week!
Here are the original strips,





7 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Thanks JPX, great choice of strips. I'll get to searching right away.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Nice work Catfreeek! Already looking forward to Wednesday.

Julie said...

Congrats!

JPX, please tell me your thoughts on that trial. I am fascinated. So lucky you get to watch it all day.

JPX said...

Oh I only watch it in between patients and when patients no-show. It's a fascinating trial to me because Casey Anthony is the very embodiment of a sociopath. Her inability to experience empathy and her pathological lying are being played out to the world. The best way to stay on top of the trial is the CNN website where they post constant updates and video.

JPX said...

Live stream here, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-tivid-casey-anthony-jury-livestream,0,999563.htmlstory

AC said...

congratulations catfreeek!!!

DKC said...

Congratulations, Cat!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...