Monday, June 06, 2011

Soft opening for X-Men: First Class


From ew, X-Men: First Class rebooted the mutant-superhero franchise by opening to $56 million, according to studio estimates. Whether that figure is a success or not depends on your point of view. Compared to the prior four X-Men movies, First Class attracted by far the least amount of moviegoers on opening weekend. It barely beat the original X-Men, which debuted to $54.5 million in 2000 (or $79.4 million in today’s dollars). And First Class fell far short of X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which grossed $85.6 million, $102.8 million, and $85.1 million their first weekends, respectively. Fox’s PG-13 action film also failed to match the $65.7 million debut set by fellow Marvel superhero Thor last month.

REad the rest here

1 comment:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I saw X-Men and liked it but I would have much preferred a continued story with the original cast. I'm sick to death of prequels and reboots so it was hard for me to muster too much enthusiasm about First Class.

Also I wonder why they chose to feature the mutants they featured. Banshee? I find it hard to believe that anyone was clamouring to see Banshee make it to the big screen. I would rather have seen Thunderbird the angry Indian guy that got killed off after 2 issues.

Azazel was pretty sweet I must say. His appearance almost made up for Nightcrawler's absence in X-Men 3.

Overall the franchise is a mess but I still like it.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...