Monday, January 30, 2006

V for Vucking Vantastic


Sherm sent me this encouraging, spoiler-free article about V for Vendetta. I've never heard of this reviewer, but he treats the Matrix sequels with respect and delivers a nice dig on M. Night Shyamalan.

I'm looking forward to this movie, although I'll admit the trailer put me off a bit. I think it's because there are such bold flashes of color in it while the comic book's palette was so muddy and muted. The posters are freakin' perfect. As you can see here.

Supposedly Alan Moore hasn't ever seen From Hell or League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Maybe he'll make it out for this one.

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

Okay, I now see the trailer I was put off by was the second one; the first one is better.

JPX said...

I can't get them to work on my computer! I must admit, I never read this series and I don't even really know what it's about. I think this was right around the time that comic books started getting too expensive for me. Also, it seemed like every week a new big/important/expensive series was coming out.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...