Friday, July 28, 2006

Miike's One Missed Call to be made for American audiances


From AICN, "According to Variety, Ed Burns and RULES OF ATTRACTION's Shannyn Sossamon have signed on to star in the US remake of ONE MISSED CALL. For those who haven't seen the original, the really creepy premise is this: A person gets a call on their cell phone. A creepy-ass ring tone plays (I know it's silly, but the music used in the original was fuckin' killer) and the screen reads "One Missed Call." When they listen to their voicemail they'll hear their own voice saying something pretty out of context random and then they'll scream. The voicemail will be dated from a certain time and date in the future. And on that time and date you'll see where the audio came from.

Miike took this silly premise and made a film genuinely tense, atmospheric and creepy. The level of dread as the characters you're following get closer and closer to their deaths was real in Miike's version. I hope they can come close to recapturing that for the US remake, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it. What about you folks?"

3 comments:

Octopunk said...

Well, Ed Burns is like that bland soda that everybody inexplicably likes, but Shannyn Sossamon's presence makes up for it. I find her ridiculously attractive.

I'm holding my opinion of how good/bad the remake will be until after Pulse comes out.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...