Friday, December 15, 2006

Spins a web, any size


After rumors that the symbiote in "Spider-Man 3" was going to be manufactured during a scientific experiment, Tobey Maguire has confirmed that this won't be the case.

When talking about the Venom character in an interview with The Los Angeles Times, Tobey said, "He has the same kind of attributes that Spider-Man has, but he's just stronger, faster and more vicious than Spider-Man. And it comes from this goo that comes from outer space, so first the goo comes and gets hold of me."

Meanwhile in an upcoming article in Premiere Magazine, Harry Osborn is referred to as the "New Goblin" and his glider is called the "Sky Stick". Also director Sam Raimi talked about a potential fourth film, saying "I'm sure they'll keep making Spider-Man pictures. Amy [Pascal, Sony cochairman] told me that she would. I love 'Spider-Man.' And I love working with Kirsten, Tobey, James. I don't know if Thomas and Topher will be around in the next one, but probably Bryce will be".

What would draw him back? "I have to make sure that when I'm done with this picture I'm really still fascinated with the charater. At the this moment I'm fascinated with him. Whether or not I will be in six month when the movie's done I couldn't say. And I absolutely would not have anything to do with the picture unless I was hungry to tell the story".

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

"I don't know if Thomas and Topher will be around in the next one, but probably Bryce will be."

I guess that means Gwen Stacy won't die.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...