Monday, February 12, 2007

Here we go again


From darkhorizons, 'Out doing the promotional junket for "300", director Zack Snyder spoke pretty candidly about his plans for the "Watchmen" comic adaptation:Will they use the same green screen CG environment trick he used for "300" in the film? "Well, for Watchmen, which is the thing we're working on right now, there's no reason to do it that way. There are things like 'if you go to Mars,' sure. I think my experience with 300 helps me with using technology; it helps me go, 'You know what, we should do this here. When we go to Antarctica, we can do this,' and that would be awesome." says Snyder.He adds "There's things I do know how to do because of 300, but I think that Watchmen is more like Taxi Driver or Dr. Strangelove than it is Fantastic Four - so you have a stylistic thing like that."Will there be stuff ready in time for this year's Comic Con in San Diego? "I don't think we're going to be shots done before Comic-con. Our plan is to shoot in the summer, but I'll go there and I'm sure I'll have something to show."How far are they along? "We're trying to get a budget together that is palatable to everybody; it's a long movie, and we're trying to do. And I'm trying to shoot the Black Frater part as well, and no one has ever even talked about that, it's crazy time. And whether that ends up as a DVD extra or as a special release, that's yet to be seen; but I don't know, that's my plan."Casting? "It's not fully cast, but I've been talking to a lot of people....I'll know soon, I think after Berlin - when we get back from Berlin. I'll start to know who's locked in."How does he handle the pressure? "There's huge pressure from the fans, but at the same time, the way I gotta do it, and the way I work is I just sort of have to go and say, 'Ok, I feel like when I look at what I'm planning to do, it's cool.' So that's the only thing I can do in the end, and hopefully everyone else thinks it's good."'

7 comments:

Jordan said...

He is the director of Dawn of the Dead (2004). He is the director of Dawn of the Dead (2004). He is the director of Dawn of the Dead (2004). He is the director of Dawn of the Dead (2004). He is the director of Dawn of the Dead (2004).

JPX said...

That means he's cool.

Jordan said...

"And from a deli owner, that's a rave!"

Octopunk said...

"Black Frater?" For some reason I'm reminded of the "Castle Arrrgghh" in Holy Grail.

"Perhaps he was dictating."

I don't know if you guys know this, but this is the same director as the 2004 Dawn of the Dead. Despite that, bothering with the Black Freighter parts of Watchmen seems an iffy choice.

Jordan said...

Are you kidding? Taking out the Black Freighter is just as bad as taking the "Misery's Return" plot out of Misery!

Oh, wait: they did that. (And I hated it.)

Jordan said...

Octopunk, I can totally imagine you or Sam Turich getting all excited about how "They're totally doing the Black Freighter! That's how we know these are the good guys."

Octopunk said...

I dunno, the BF-heavy ishes of Watchmen were never my favorites. And it seems like there's so much to cram in there, going for the Freighter to seems...iffy. I'll stick with iffy.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...