Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cage enthusiastic about crap

From syfyportal, "Actor Nicholas Cage already is ready to make a sequel to his new film, "Ghost Rider". Cage could make a second film in the story of a motorcycle stunt driver who becomes hell's bounty hunter, depending on audience reaction to the first picture, according to SciFi Wire. "If they are enthusiastic about it and if there is a good script. I would say of all the characters I've played, my interests coincide with where this particular character could go. I am interested in the metaphysical nature of Ghost Rider and his world," Cage said. "I am a man with an open mind. I really don't know anything, but I'm very interested in the spiritual and the material. And this is the one superhero who walks between both worlds. I think it's pretty exciting because he's new, and there is a lot of room for adventure with this guy." Meanwhile, Cage is also interested in producing a movie based on the She-Hulk character for "Ghost Rider" co-star Eva Mendes. "That's what I want to do," Cage said. "I'm working on it." Cage wants to make the She-Hulk picture although not necessarily appear in it, he said. "I am serious about She-Hulk, and I think it should be done," he said. "No, I don't want to direct it or necessarily even be in it." Referring to Mendes: "Can't you see her as the She-Hulk? I think she'd be great." "Ghost Rider" opens nationwide on Friday, February 16."

4 comments:

Octopunk said...

"I am serious about She-Hulk." Who the hell says that? Do you think Nic is trying to score with Eva Mendes?

Actually, she would make a decent She-Hulk. Still.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Who the hell is Eva Mendes?

I used to love the Ghost Rider comic. He rode a motorcycle and his head was a flaming skull. What's there not to love?

I'm curious about the movie, will most likely wait till it comes out on dvd. It'll most likely suck but you never know.

Anonymous said...

Hi.
Have you read She-Hulk? It's a fun book about a super hero lawyer trying to practice law in a super hero world-- a place where things like time travel, ghosts, and sentient robots are possible. Why not give it a shot? The book has been called "one of the best comics coming out today" by AINT IT COOL NEWS, and has also received positive reviews from ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, THE ONION, WIZARD MAGAZINE, COMIC BUYERS GUIDE, CINESCAPE, and the NEW YORK TIMES.

Marvel has made 4 issues of the comic available online for FREE. You can read them here:

SHE-HULK #1 at:
www.marvel.com/digitalcomics

SHE-HULK #5 at:
www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/shehulk5/

SHE-HULK #8 at:
http://www.marvel.com/dotcomics/SHEHUL008/

And SHE-HULK Vol.2 #1 at:
www.marvel.com/digitalcomics

If you like what you read, the book is currently on its second volume and up to issue #15. Issues are pretty self-contained and new readers can jump on at any point. If you REALLY like what you read and want to get caught up you can find 4 SHE-HULK collections available at amazon.com.

Octopunk said...

I was gonna delete this robo-ad but it's kind of amusing. "It's about a lawyer! But with time-traveling sentient robot ghosts!"

It's like they can't push a comic book without sounding like that short fanboy with a backpack and baseball cap who bugs you in the store.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...