Friday, February 23, 2007

Transformers promises to be confusing

From syfyportal, "Five separate storylines will be featured in the upcoming "Transformers" feature film and move to a climax at the end of the movie, according to Don Murphy, one of the producers.

"There are so many things that make it Transformers, but there's no one classic story, like Spider-Man's death of Gwen Stacy or something like that," Murphy told SciFi Wire recently. "I think it proved a little bit tricky. What the real balance was that if you just wanted robots smashing robots, then that's computer animation or that's 2-D animation. And what we were always trying to do was a live-action movie. So you kind of have a nice balance now between the robots and the human interactions. And the first movie, as I'm sure you already know, is about the arrival of the Autobots and the Decepticons to Earth."

Helmed by Michael Bay, the "Transformers" movie will reveal background information about how the war between the Autobots and Decepticons began. Everything starts when Sam Witwicky (played by Shia LaBeouf) comes across hundred-year-old glasses that belonged to his grandfather. He finds a map and how to find the "Energon" cube etched by a laser on the lenses. The final conflict between the warring robots starts at Hoover Dam, then concludes in Los Angeles.

The movie will include a lot of the first set of Transformers. "Everything that the original writer, John Rogers, had grown up on," Murphy said. "When additional screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman came on to do their subsequent drafts, it was all the first season, because that was what I think had been earmarked as the traditional thing, as this is what kids grew up on and everything."

"Transformers" will appear in movie theaters on July 4."

2 comments:

Octopunk said...

Five storylines? Are they trying to prove they can make a movie as complicated as a Harry Potter flick?

I love the way that pic conveys the message, as if that toy is a diagram of the plot.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

I thought the same thing! I have high expectations of this for some reason. I never owned my own Transformer but I played with my neighbors. Toys that is. Christ, my mom wouldn't even buy me a GoBot. Poor me, it's no wonder I ended up a junkie!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...