Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Apparently the summer movies continue to suck

From AICN, You know, when I sat down to watch DIE HARD 4 tonight I expected a fun movie that had little to no similarity to the series I love. And I do love the DIE HARD series. I have always been baffled by the hatred for DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE. DIE HARD 2 is goofy, no doubt. But it’s still a DIE HARD movie.

So, I expected to see a movie that wasn’t really a DIE HARD movie, with a cleaner McClane (a Mr. Clean-er McClane if you’ll allow me a rather obvious and ill-executed bald joke), but that was big and fun in its own way.

What I got was a movie that didn’t resemble DIE HARD, but was a horrible action movie on top of all that.

Read rest of review here, http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33161

1 comment:

Octopunk said...

I'm still kind of hoping to pull some enjoyment out of this one, but this definitely makes me worry:

"Also, every single huge moment in the movie... is in the trailers. Everything. Maybe that added to me not being wowed by anything, because I've seen it before, but really guys... bad move putting every huge scene in the trailer, Fox marketing dudes. "

The same thing happened with the first Men in Black -- you've got to save some spectacle for the people who buy the tickets, to do otherwise is uber lame.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...