Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A day of mourning; Lucas begins shooting Phantom Menance 10 years ago today

From theforce.net, Chris W. writes in to tell us that the May 20, 2005 issue of Entertainment Weekly had an article recapping Star Wars' history. At the bottom of the article there was a timeline of Lucas and Star Wars beginning with the release of THX1138 in 1971. On page 28, under the date 6/26/1997, it says "Lucas steps behind the camera for the first time since Star Wars as Episode I begins shooting. It's been ten years already!That wasn't so long. C'mon George, give us Episodes 7-9. Whats another decade among friends?

5 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Slow news day, eh?

JPX said...

God, it sure is.

Octopunk said...

I've been looking at that Jar Jar Binks face for a while trying to think of a comment, and I'm just coming back to this: I hate the design of Jar Jar. In addition to his terrible onscreen presence, I dislike the small head, the huge floppy ears, the bugged-out eyes, the snout, the slack posture -- it's all horrible! Visually, he's the least-interesting onscreen alien I can think of, except maybe those things in Explorers.

JPX said...

Yeah there's something about Jar Jar's face that engenders rage. I swear I just want to punch my computer every time I scroll past that pic.

Johnny Sweatpants said...

Totally - that sonovabitch!

His expression in this picture is sheepish and smug like a pre-schooler getting caught with a whoopie cushion on a staged reality show.

Go back to Naboo, you damn Gungan!

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...