Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Not on my X-mas list, unless you fill it with legos


From Geekologie: A man has made a life-size LEGO figure entirely out of cardboard and hot glue, complete with removable and rotating body parts.

All flat and rounded surface planes of the original LEGO man were measured to the 32nd of an inch and mathematically converted to recreate the LEGO man at 60" (5ft) tall. The proportions of the 60" final piece are accurate to the 16th of an inch, with cardboard thickness taken into consideration. All surface scores performed with X-acto at 1/2" intervals for rounded applications.
The whole project took about 50 hours from start to finish. I wonder if he's going to paint it, or if that would detract from the whole "it's made of cardboard" appeal. Painted or not, I do know one thing -- this would make the world's awesomest piƱata. Fill that sucker up with airplane bottles and have at it. Ever seen a life-size LEGO figure bleed little liquor bottles? Me neither, but I just made it my life's goal.

[JPX adds a photo of Octo hard at work on the blog]

3 comments:

Johnny Sweatpants said...

What's with the hat? Isn't he kind of young to be an undertaker?

Jordan said...

He's probably losing his hair. Most unnecessary hats on men exist for this reason.

What's with the huge laptop? Everything in the LEGO universe is so mutually disproportionate.

Octopunk said...

I remember when I was 10 I noticed that the Lego wrenches would be about four feet long in real life. But that laptop's not a Lego piece.

When JSP asked about the hat I thought he meant the lever/antenna piece atop "my" head. Thats for aliens, duh.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...