Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Balloon Party results!

I apologize for the lateness of the results. I really had a tough time deciding on the winner. I loved everything that you guys wrote! Who knew that we could get so much mileage using balloons as a topic? In the end I had to go with Octopunk because he was able to tie all of our weird stories together. Cat, I love where you took the “Jimmy” story. JPX, I thought your Chris/Jennifer story was hilarious, especially when you had Chris “wear” the balloon.

Congratulations, Octopunk, you really made me chuckle.

7 comments:

Catfreeek said...

Congrats Octo I was also impressed with your choice to jump in on every story.

Whirly, that was great fun. Way to think outside the box;)

JPX said...

I second that congrats, Octo! I was supremely disappointed that the Horrorthonners who were most vocal about keeping something going on HHD did not participate. Diffusion of responsibility? Where was everyone? This was a fun one and I think people missed out. I hope you come up with something new and original =)

Octopunk said...

So much time to prepare! I will likely come up with something hackneyed and derivative. (Which I would've done anyway.)

Thanks Whirly!

Catfreeek said...

They did miss out JPX, that was really fun.

50PageMcGee said...

alright, i guess i gotta eat some crow here.

i think where whirly has an aversion to poems i have an aversion to...i dunno...rules?

i do think the idea had pop, the way the finish it friday did -- of course, i never made much of a contribution to that either.

anyway, i was glad there was good output for last week's contest even with the shortage of participants, myself included.

nice work octo, and whirly too.

DKC said...

Smack down, JPX style! Guilty.

Congrats Octo! And everyone, some excellent stuff.

AC said...

sorry i didn't participate... wednesdays fry my brain and i tried, but couldn't wrap my head around this particular activity. i do admire the creativity of the idea even though i couldn't hack it myself.

Malevolent

 2018  ***1/2 It's 1986 for some reason, and a team of paranormal investigators are making a big name for themselves all over Scotland. ...